Friday, October 3, 2014

Making the little changes


I am finding ways to change my life. It's not easy, but I think there are some simple things I can do to help myself out. I am going to start tracking them and determine what works/what doesn't. Here's the first day:

9/29/14:
Strategies:
  • Write it down: When stuff is in my head, I will write it on a piece of paper and keep going. This may or may not help, given that the presence of the paper will trip me up later, but for now, I'm doing it.
  • Get it out: and that pile of papers that's been piling up on my desk? Get rid of it. So it doesn't trip me up.
  • Work on doing the hardest thing first.
  • Practice time boxing (breaking up chunks of time and focusing one task at a time; for example, set a timer for 30 minutes, and work on just one task until the alarm goes off).

I updated my post-it note that I keep under my monitor. I've changed it to have different colors to help my eyes focus, but it says:

Focus!  Smile!  Stretch!
  Water!  Get started!
            No fear!

Ok. It's time to rock this bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment